Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The 9/12 Project

On March 13, 2009 Glenn Beck, on his Fox News Channel program, launched what is called The 9/12 Project. You can watch this special episode here. The response was overwhelming. Thousands of people tuned in to watch the show. There were hundreds of viewing parties across the nation where people came together in large groups to watch the special episode. The website was shut down five times due to the number of people trying to view it. Since then, over 250,000 people have signed up in support of this project.

The 9/12 Project is a non-political movement designed to bring Americans back to the place we all were on September 12, 2001. On that day, after America was attacked, Americans did not care about political parties or Red States and Blue States. America was united and committed to protecting this greatest nation on Gods greed earth.

Glenn Beck is hoping to foster that same commitment to this country through the 9/12 Project. He points out 9 Principles and 12 Values that made this nation great. Our Founding Fathers actually built this country on 28 principles. These original 28 principles have been distilled to these 9 basic principles.

The 9 Principle
1. America Is Good.
2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer the them, they answer to me.

The 12 Values
1. Honesty
2. Reverence
3. Hope
4. Thrift
5. Humility
6. Charity
7. Sincerity
8. Moderation
9. Hard Work
10. Courage
11. Personal Responsibility
12. Gratitude

If you believe in at least seven of the 9 principles then you may be interested in this site. Go to www.The912Project.com to read more. Also visit http://www.glennbeck.com/ and FoxNews.com/GlennBeck

No comments: